The tyrannosauroidea are a family of tyrannoptorans which include large Tyrannosaurus rex, and Tarbosaurus to the small Dilong, and Guanlong. The article is about new taxa, and research of tyrannosaurs that are scheduled to 2018.
- New research shows that Tyrannosaurus had a different sound than previously believed.
- A tyrannosauroid metatarsus from Delaware increases the variety of tyrannosaurs in the Eastern United States.
- Recent research suggests Tyrannosaurus rex arm claws may have been used as slashing weapons.
- Studies show Tyrannosaurus rex had orange eyebrows, and freckles based on a upcoming documentary named The Real T.rex.
- A collagen from a Tyrannosaurus rex is reanalyzed.
- Tyrannosaurus rex growth rates are restudied.
- A tyrannosauroid related to Bistahieversor is described in New Jersey based on a tibia.
- By using the birds, studies of how tyrannosaurids such as Tyrannosaurus rex, and Tarbosaurus moved and attacked their prey are made in 2018.
- The dentary of Tyrannosaurus rex is modeled to conclude why the tyrannosaurid had such a strong bite.
- A young tyrannosaurid, possibly a Tyrannosaurus rex is investigated, and studied.
- A metatarsal bone from a young tyrannosaurid marked with long grooves is discovered. They are believed to be the traces of a larger tyrannosaur.
- Researchers in Spain, and Canada examine the teeth of 4 different theropods. One of the theropods is the tyrannosaurid Gorgosaurus.
- A metatarsal bone of a tyrannosaur is described in what is now New Jersey. It is the only evidence of a tyrannosaur in Appalachia before the Conacian, and Santonian.
- Studies in 2018 suggest Tyrannosaurus rex was smarter than previously thought.
- Studies suggest dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus rex could not stick their tounges as usually thought.
- Large tracks belonging to a theropod the size of at least a Albertosaurus is described.
- A early member of the tyrannosauridae family is described in Japan. It can show how tyrannosaurids like Tarbosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus Rex ended up being large.