Tyrannosauroidea is a clade of tyrannoraptorans containing massive tyrannosaurids such as Tyrannosaurus rex and Daspletosaurus, and small Deinonychus like dinosaurs such as Guanlong, and Dilong. This article is about tyrannosaur research and new tyrannosaur taxon that occurred in 2016.
- Recent studies showed tyrannosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus rex had strong lips.
- Recent studies showed that tyrannosaurids were not the only dinosaurs with two fingers. A new theropod known as Gualicho.
- Studies showed tyrannosaurs such as Tarbosaurus probably did not roar.
- Scientist have now found Megaraptorans as carnosaurs, and Eotyrannus as a tyrannosauroid
- A 4 foot long Tyrannosaurus rex skull is dug up. It will be placed in the Seattle museum.
- Timurlengia-Timurlengia is a genus of tyrannosaur found in Asia. It was believed to be related to Alectrosaurus, and Xiongguanlong. Fossils have been found in Uzbekistan Species include T.eoucouti.
- Tyrannosaurus bataar-Now known as Tarbosaurus, and was said in Dinosaurus The Complete Guide To Dinosaurs Second Edition.
- Tyrannosaurus efremovi-Now known as Tarbosaurus, and was said in Dinosaurus The Complete Guide To Dinosaurs Second Edition.
- Albertosaurus libratus-Now known as Gorgosaurus, and said in The Preceton Field Guide to Dinosaurs: Second Edition.